Friday, December 22, 2006

Wikis that aren't geeky

I'm not really that struck with wikis perhaps its the way they look,I dont know. There are exceptions of course wikipedia is one of my favorite things on the web and this new one for global curriculum sharing Curriki also strikes a chord for it's vision of global curriculum sharing. (original link on ehub) Perhaps its when this type of site gets a critical mass happening that they become more interesting - lots of them seem pretty empty to me otherwise.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Peter,

Interesting find that wiki. I hadn't heard of it before. First place I lloked was the terms of use. Sad to say, I couldn't understand a word of it.
I've been using Wikiversity lately. Seeing as you like Wikipedia - you might like Wikiversity also as its run by the same people.

Check out (and join me) in pages titled:
Flexible Learning
Networked Learning
Facilitating online

I've been encouraging lectures at Otago Polytechnic to use the platform as well. Not necessarily as a finished product for learning resources, but as a process for them.